Our best chocolatey products and why we love them!
Do you enjoy eating chocolate? If your answer to that question is ‘yes’, then the 7th July is the day when you can eat as much chocolate as you like. It’s World Chocolate Day.
This is a day to celebrate all things chocolatey! We create so many yummy chocolatey products using our cacao powder. And if you can’t choose just the one, make sure you check out our new chocolate collection bundle, which has everything!
Create a chocolate menu for the day using Creative Nature products.
World Chocolate Day is a good excuse to throw out our normal self-sacrifice ideas to diet. For just one day, relax and enjoy a whole day’s menu around chocolate.
For people who can’t eat chocolate, all is not lost. They don’t need to feel left out. With our products, people who are allergic to many foods, can also enjoy this day.
All of our products are free of the top 14 allergens, which includes all nuts, dairy, and wheat, which makes them safe for people who have food allergies. They are also all vegan friendly!
Why not start the day with a breakfast chocolate cereal, or a chocolate milk shake?
You can add Cacao Powder or Cacao Nibs to your breakfast cereal, which are high in magnesium, iron and are also unprocessed. Their versatility means you can add these to many different recipes. You can also use the Cacao Powder to make a milk shake.
Have a chocolate bar, such as a Cacao Bar for a mid-morning snack. These are perfect when you are on the go; high fibre, unprocessed, natural sugar, nut free and top 14 allergen free.
Or try one of our range of Gnawbles, including our latest, Cheeky Chocolate Hazelnot, which has a nut flavour, but is in fact nut free! They are up to 43% lower in sugar than most snacks too.
Many Mexican savoury dishes use chocolate, following on from the Aztecs and Mayans. Therefore, for lunch you could, include chocolate as an ingredient in a savoury dish.
Your mid-afternoon snack could be a piece of Cacao Rich Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Chip Muffins or Chia and Cacao Chocolate Chip Brownies. All of these can be made with our baking mixes, which are delicious. They cater for everyone; gluten free, vegan, top 14 allergen free and refined sugar free. They are also really easy to make – you could even ask your children to make them!
If didn’t fancy Mexican for lunch, why not try it for dinner, have some chocolate liqueur. Or, if you are not so adventurous, opt for a chocolate dessert. Or both!
And, of course end with day before bedtime, with a relaxing cup of hot chocolate, made with our Raw Cacao powder.
How about some fun ‘chocolate’ stats!
- In the UK, we eat an estimated 660, 900 tonnes a year. That is an average of 11KG per person, per year, which equates to 3 bars a week!
- Did you know that chocolate contains Dopamine which is a natural painkiller?
- It’s not surprising people keep telling us that chocolate is good for us, because it also contains serotonin, a chemical found in the body, which produces feelings of pleasure.
- The UK has the 7th highest consumption of chocolate in the world. We are the 4th biggest consumers in Europe, with Switzerland taking the top spot.
- The UK chocolate industry is worth £1.1billion
- 17% of the UK population eat chocolate 4 – 6 times a week.
- The nations favourite block chocolate is plain milk chocolate, eaten by 73% of UK chocolate eaters. For those who cannot eat this we’d suggest our Creeamy Mylk Chocolate Gnawbles as an alternative (add in relevant weblink).
- Block chocolate filled with flavours like caramel are eaten by around half the population, 49%.
- Dark chocolate remains a relatively niche choice, eaten by fewer than two in five 37% as is plain white with 30%
- 32% of men compared to only 27% of women are more likely to eat plain white chocolate.
Have a wonderful chocolatey day!