This blueberry smoothie is super simple to make but packed with goodness to leave you feeling fantastic. Blueberries and goji berries are bursting with antioxidants, which help to prevent damage to your cells and to boost your immune system. While maca powder helps to regulate your hormones. Add some granola, chia and hemp seeds for a pleasing crunch and to make this a balanced breakfast or satisfying snack.
This recipe serves 1 for breakfast or 2 for a snack. We’ve suggested our favourite toppings, but feel free to go as crazy as you like. And we’d love to see your recreations on social media!
The smoothie base recipe is vegan, gluten-free, paleo and refined-sugar free.
· 1 cup frozen* blueberries
· 1 frozen* banana
· 3/4 cup almond milk
· 1/2 tsp Creative Nature Maca powder
· 1/2 cm chunk fresh ginger
· Toppings (optional):
– 3 tbsp Granola of your choice
– 1 tbsp Creative Nature Goji berries
– 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
– 2 tsp Creative Nature Chia seeds
– 2 tsp Creative Nature Hemp seeds
1. Blend the blueberries, banana, almond milk, maca powder and ginger until smooth. If your blender is struggling then add some more almond milk or pulse it until it starts to blend more easily.
2. When the smoothie is blended transfer it to a bowl or glass and add your toppings. Then it’s ready to enjoy 🙂
*Only use frozen ingredients if you have a strong blender. You can make a tasty smoothie without freezing the ingredients, but it will be a thinner consistency.
Bio : Rachel is a Psychology PhD student with a Nutritional Therapy qualification and passion for healthy living. She creates delicious plant-based recipes for her blog Healthy & Psyched, and wants to inspire you in the kitchen.
Healthy & Psyched blog healthyandpsyched.com
Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/healthyandpsyched/) Twitter (https://twitter.com/healthyandpsych)