Everyone’s must have ( and worry-free! ) Cacao-Rich Chocolate Cake packed with chocolatey goodness, and discarded of any allergen-based ingredients. We know you’ll love it!
Chocolate Cake is a universal favourite, but less so when it comes to allergy-sufferers, vegans or coeliacs. Chocolate Cakes are traditionally coated in dairy-based icing or topped with nuts or gluten – well we’re here to dismantle those traditions with our genius recipe!
Our Cacao Rich Choc Cake is living proof that free-from does not mean free-from-taste (well not with Creative Nature anyway)! Our cake oozes with chocolatey goodness, and believe us, you will not be able to keep your hands (or eyes) off it!
What’s more? Well we definitely don’t keep you waiting long to stuff your face with guilt-free cake ; we’ve premeasured and packed the mix full of chocolatey goodness, all you need to do is add 2 easy ingredients, oil and milk! Voila, you’ll have your chocolatey canvas to top with whatever your heart desires (Gnawbles are the perfect toppings).
Perfect for parties, afternoon-tea or even just a treat for yourself! Go on, you know you want it. Effortless but fantastic… you won’t regret it.
INGREDIENTS: Brown Rice Flour, Unrefined Cane Sugar, Cacao Powder (14%), Psyllium Husk, Baking Powder (mono calcium phosphate, corn starch, sodium bicarbonates), Himalayan Crystal Salt
||Per 40g slice, as prepared to the standard recipe
|Energy/Energie/Valor Energético (kcal)
|Energy/Energie/ Valor Energético (kJ)
|Carbs/Kohlenhydrate/Hidratos de Carbono (g)
|Fibre/Ballaststof/Fibra alimentaria (g)
• 250ml of your favourite milk (we like rice milk!)
• 110ml Vegetable Oil (or 100g melted coconut oil)
HOW TO MAKE
• Preheat oven to 180°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
• Gracefully pour all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and give it a good stir. Feel free to dance, sing and make merriment during this all-important stage, just try to keep mess to a minimum!
• For a single layer cake, pour into an 8 inch (20cm) greaseproof cake tin. For a double layered cake, pour into two 4-inch greaseproof cake tins.
• Pop in the oven for about 25 mins, then remove and allow to cool before icing.
FOR THE ICING (not included in this packet)
• 130g Icing Sugar (or powdered coconut sugar)
• 3 heaped tbsp Creative Nature Cacao Powder
• 80g Dairy Free Spread
• Milk (optional)
WHIP IT UP
• Mix all the ingredients together in one bowl but be super careful with the powdered sugar! It loves to fly about when you stir, so start slow and steady, then up the tempo a touch so you can get a gorgeous smooth mix (sing a bit of Soul to your bowl for extra smoooth).
• If you want a thinner mix, add a splash of your favourite milk!
• This is just our suggestion, we’d love to see your ideas, especially if you decorate with a whole chunk of awesome. Get experimenting!
• If you can’t wait for it to cool because it’s too tempting, that’s not the end of the world, but we think the icing completes it, so try and keep busy for 30 mins!