You guys went carrot-cake-crazy with our carrot cake snack bar, so we thought, why not bring you the real deal : our very own carrot cake mix! Just like all our other products this is vegan, gluten-free and top 14 allergen free. This means no-one has to miss out when it comes to afternoon teas, desserts or birthday celebrations. We understand the hardships of having to exclude yourself from the fun because carrot-cake typically contains ingredients such as nuts, wheat or milk and we don’t think it’s fair. We certainly don’t take this as an excuse in terms of the taste either – we’ve made sure our carrot cake is to die for!
This sumptuously-spiced carrot cake loaf is definitely a keeper ; the charming cinnamon tinges will tickle your taste buds, and its moist sponge is perfect with a cuppa! Create your own carrot cupcakes, or even double-layer your cake. Make sure you’re not missing out, and grab your carrot cake mix!
INGREDIENTS: Soft Brown Sugar, Gluten Free Oat Flour, Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Tapioca Starch, Linseed Flour De-oiled, Maize Flour, Spices (Coriander, Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg, Cassia), Buckwheat Flour, Baking Powder (Raising Agents: Sodium Dihydrogen Diphosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate; Calcium Sulphate), Sodium Bicarbonate, Salt, Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum)
||Per 45g serving, as prepared to the standard recipe
|Energy/Energie/Valor Energético (kcal)
|Energy/Energie/ Valor Energético (kJ)
|Carbs/Kohlenhydrate/Hidratos de Carbono (g)
|Fibre/Ballaststof/Fibra alimentaria (g)
• 165g Grated Carrot
• 75ml Vegetable Oil
• 65ml Cold Water
• For a fluffier loaf, add 1tbsp White (or Apple Cider) Vinegar
HOW TO MAKE
• Preheat oven to 180c/400f/gas mark 6
• Rip open this packet like you mean it! Then lovingly pour into a mixing bowl.
• Add the water and oil and blend for 5 minutes (sing your favourite song to pass the time, for bonus points try and change the lyrics to be about carrots)
• Gently fold in the grated carrot (and a handful of raisins if you fancy)
• Scoop the beautiful blend into a greased 1lb loaf tin and bake for 30-35mins
• Graciously turn out the cake onto a cooling rack and do a celebratory jig before tackling the frosting. Try and keep busy for 30 minutes while the cake cools!
FOR A FABULOUS FROSTING
(not included in this packet)
• 156g Powdered (Icing) Sugar
• 60g Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
• 30ml of your favourite milk
• Splash of Vanilla Extract
WHIP IT UP
• Ensure coconut oil is room temp (nice and soft), then whisk it to a creamy texture in a bowl
• Practice multi-tasking by gradually adding the sugar while mixing together slowly
• Pop in the Vanilla, then slowly add the milk whilst mixing until you reach your desired consistency
• Want a firmer frosting? Use less milk
• Want a runny frosting that drips down the sides? Add a splash more milk!
• Keep your finished, frosted masterpiece in the fridge and enjoy with a cup of tea