Cacao & Goji Crispy Snack
by: Nicola @happytummylove
Easter = chocolate treats! In a prior tummy life I loved chocolate crispy cakes topped with mini eggs. You know the ones I mean 😉 With my tummy in mind I have created a healthier version of these. While they still contain sugar they are free from the refined white stuff, gluten free and full of antioxidants from raw cacao and goji berries.
- 2 cups of puffed rice
- ½ cup of Creative Nature goji berries
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 4 tsbp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp Creative Nature raw cacao
- Zest of half an orange
1. Place a pan on to a low heat and melt your coconut oil. Remove from the heat.
2. Add your tahini, cacao, maple syrup & orange zest to your melted coconut oil and mix until smooth and well combined.
3. In a bowl combine your puffed rice, cacao mix and goji berries and mix well.
4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and pour in your mix.
5. Place a second piece of greaseproof paper over the top and with palm press down the mix so it is tighty packed in to the tray.
6. Place in the fridge and allow cooling and set. Once set slice into squares and enjoy!
For more recipes by Nicola please see happytummylove.wordpress.com