Caramel Shortbread with Cacao Powder
(For the base)
– 200g cashew nuts
– 35g desiccated coconut
– 8 medjool dates, pitted
– 2 tbsp agave nectar or honey
(For the caramel)
– 100g chopped dates
– 35g coconut oil (melted)
– 125g agave nectar or honey
– 50g peanut butter (or almond butter or tahini works too)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
(For the chocolate)
– 40g cacao powder Creative Nature
– 70g coconut oil (melted)
– 75g agave nectar
– 10g protein powder or icing sugar (optional)
– Put cashew nuts in a food processor and blend until a paste.
– Add coconut, medjool dates and agave nectar and continue to blend.
– Press into a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and place in the freezer.
– For the caramel put all above ingredients in the food processor and mix into a thick paste.
– Spread over the base and return to the freezer.
– Finally, the chocolate. Mix ingredients well.
– Spread a thin layer over the caramel.
– Return to the freezer and leave over night. – After fully frozen leave out the freezer for 5-10 minutes before cutting into slices!
You can stock up on our Organic Peruvian Cacao from @ocadouk Tesco and www.creativenaturesuperfoods.com