Cashew Coconut truffles
by: Laura Agar Wilson
For the filling
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp honey (or other liquid sweetener)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- To coat the truffles
- 100g 70% dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of Creative Nature Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- For the coating
- Chopped cashews
- Flaky sea salt
- Creative Nature Cacao Powder
1. Combine the cashew butter, coconut and honey together in a bowl. Add the melted coconut oil in a drizzle and stir well to combine. Wrap the mixture in cling film and chill in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes.
2. Roll the mixture into small balls. If needed, return to the fridge to chill and firm up again.
3. Line a tray with greaseproof paper. Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl or if making the raw chocolate option, melt the coconut oil and mix in the cacao and coconut sugar. Prepare your toppings.
4. Dip each cashew coconut ball in the melted chocolate to coat it well (this does work best when they are chilled straight from the fridge) and place on the tray then immediately sprinkle on your topping. Chill again until firm then eat!
The raw chocolate version needs to be kept chilled, however the regular dark chocolate is ok at room temperate and would be better suited if making these as gifts.
For the full recipe by Laura Agar Wilson @lauraagarwilson please visit http://wholeheartedlyhealthy.com/2014/12/eat-well-youll-feel-good-recipe-cashew-coconut-truffles.html