Chocolate Orange Brownies
by: Gauri Chopra
- 1 can drained and rinsed black beans (230g) – bet you wasn’t expecting that one!
- 2 large free range eggs
- 50g (about 3 heaped tbsp) honey*
- 35g (about 3 tbsp) virgin organic coconut oil
- 15g (about 2.5 tbsp) Creative Nature Superfoods raw Cacao powder*
- 10g Xylitol (or can sub for more honey or alternative sweetener of choice)*
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder (can use gluten-free)
- Zest and 2 tbsp of 1 clementine*
- Optional: 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp all spice*
- Pinch of sea salt
- (*See below for possible substitutions)
1. Pre-heat fan oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Simply throw all of the ingredients together into a food processor and blend until a completely smooth consistency is reached. You may need to scrape the sides and/or blender in between.
3. Pour into a 6″6″ baking tin lined with a little coconut oil on some grease-proof paper. Gently shake and tap the tin to make sure the batter reaches the corners and is spread evenly.
4. Place onto the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when poked through the middle.
5. When baked, turn out and allow to cool on a cooling rack before cutting into slices.
6. Dust with stevia and some more clementine zest to make it look all pretty!
Makes 16 bite sized brownies.
Macros per brownie:
66 kcal, 3.3g Fat, 7.3g Carb, 2.3g Protein, 1g Fiber
Add some raw Cacao Nibs (Creative Nature) for an even richer decadent treat, or some dried fruit or crushed nuts of choice for some added texture! Walnuts and hazlenuts in particular work great with this recipe.