Coco-Nana Porridge with Cacao & Goji
by: Gauri Chopra
- 50g Jordan’s chunky traditional oats
- 250ml alpro original coconut milk
- 1 scoop Reflex Banoffee Pie Instant Whey Pro* (see below for possible substitutions)
- 10g Creative Nature goji berries
- 3g virgin organic coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Creative Nature Cacao powder
1. Add oats, coconut milk, cinnamon, and coconut oil to a saucepan and gently cook on a low heat stirring occasionally
2. When it starts to bubble, briskly stir in the banana whey then take it off the heat
3. Pour into a large, deep bowl (I find the bigger the bowl the more comforting the oats taste and feel!)
4. Top with goji berries and cacao powder
341kcal – 42g Carb, 7g Fibre, 11g Fat,18g Protein
*If you don’t own whey, simply add 1/2 a mashed banana with all your ingredients in step 1.! However please note, this will of course increase the carbohydrate content of this dish!
**Cacao is basically raw cocoa- a great superfood and jam-packed with antioxidants and various nutritional health benefits so I would highly recommend it. However if you haven’t had a chance to get your hands on it just yet, unsweetened cocoa powder will do the job!