Apricot Kernels Bakewell Tart
by: Evelyn Cribbin
INGREDIENTS:(makes 4 mini tarts)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 3 tbs almond/ coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 200g frozen raspberries
- 1 tbs raw honey (or more depending on how
- sweet you like things!)
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 50g flaked almonds
- 8 apricot kernels ( i got mine from creative nature )
- half an egg (can be omitted for vegans)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius .
- Firts mix the ingredients for the base until combined thoroughly. Add the mixture to four 9cm pie dishes, using a spatular to press down the mixture.
- Cover the mini pies with tin foil and cook for 7 minutes, then remove the tin foil and cook for a futher 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile add your raspberries and sweetner to a saucepan and warm on a gently heat, until they defrost and begin to soften.
- Once the pies are done add the fruit mixture evenly to each of the pies. Mix the desiccated coconut, almond flakes, half an egg and pour over the pies.
- Blitz the apricot kernels in a good processor or use a pestle and mortar to break them down, until they become a flour like consistency and sprinkle over the pies evenly. Bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the topping become golden.
I have also posted it on my website, here is a link:Download Recipe