Healthy Chocolate Orange Brownies
by: Gauri Chopra
- 150g rolled oats
- 1 large (120g) banana
- 16g (1 tbsp) virgin organic coconut oil or grass fed butter
- 2 tsp (8g) xylitol (or natural sweetener of choice – honey/maple syrup/stevia)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp (3g) Creative Nature Guarana Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- About 300-350ml water (or preferred milk/liquid of choice)
- Optional add-ins:
- 35g sunflower seeds
- 30g crushed almonds
- 15g Creative Nature Goji Berries
- 15g dried sweetened ginger chopped into small pieces
1. Pre-heat fan oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl before gradually adding the water (or liquid of choice). Add just enough to produce a ‘cake batter’ like consistency
3. Line an 8″ square baking tin with grease proof paper and grease with some grass fed butter or coconut oil.
4. Pour the ‘batter’ into the middle of the tin, shake just a little so it spreads evenly. Don’t worry if it doesn’t quite reach the edges, it will expand a little in the oven!
5. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and leave to bake for 25mins (give or take a few mins depending on your oven! You should be left with a golden brown top and a SLIGHTLY gooey skewer once cooked.)
6. Carefully remove the grease proof paper and leave to cool on a cooling rack before cutting into 12 slices and devouring with a cup of tea!
Makes 12 slices
Macros per slice:
162 kcals, 6.9g Fat, 19.1g Carb, 4.3g Protein, 1.4g Fiber