Healthy Mars Bars
by: Jessica Simmons
- 1/2 cup of cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts (soaked for 4 hours)
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice (i used maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 – 2 tbsp filtered water
- 10 x medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- 3/4 melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of creative nature superfoods cacao powder
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice
– Drain the nuts and place in a food processor with the sweetener, maca and process. Add water to your discretion if the mixture is too thick and isn’t blending easily.
– Spread the base onto a plastic wrapped lined baking tray and spread out to about a 1cm layer thick. Place in the freezer.
– Place all the ingredients for the caramel layer into a cleaned food processor and blend until smooth, creamy and caramel-y.
– Remove the base from the freezer and then spoon the caramel on top, smoothing out to around 1 cm also, and then place back in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
– In a bowl, combine the cacao powder, coconut oil and sweetener in a bowl and whisk to combine.
– Remove the mixture from the freezer and cut with a sharp knife into mars bars shapes.
– Spread a baking sheet or foil on your surface and place a cooling rack on top of it.
– Dip the bars into the chocolate and using two spoons, make sure they are thoroughly coated and then place on the rack.
– Repeat this will all the bars.
– The coating should harden immediately on the frozen filling.
– Store in the fridge!
You can stock up on our Organic Peruvian Cacao from @ocaduk Tesco and www.creativenaturesuperfoods.com
Please also check out @nourishingjessica blog for more recipes, it’s definitely one of our favourites! www.nourishingjessica.com/