Orange Chocolate Brownie Cake
by: Consuelo @honeyandfigs
- 240 grams (2 cups) flour
- 130 grams (1 cup) Creative Nature Cacao Powder
- 200 grams (1 cup) coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 90 grams (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 250 grams (1 cup) pear pure
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- zest from one orange
For the frosting
- 200 grams dark orange chocolate
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. Creative Nature Cacao Powder
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients in a bowl until combined (from flour to salt on the ingredient list).
- Stir in the rest of ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Pour into a greased medium round baking pan.
- Bake at 200ºC for 30-40 minutes (this depends on which oven you use, so keep an eye on it!) until you insert a toothpick on the center and it comes out clean.
- For the frosting, melt chocolate on low in a saucepan, stirring often so it doesn’t burn! Add in coconut milk and raw cacao powder and whisk until combined. Keep whisking until glossy and remove from heat then.
- Cover cake in chocolate sauce and enjoy!
Please also check out @helenecolijn blog for more recipes http://honeyandfigskitchen.com/2015/03/orange-chocolate-brownie-cake-creative-nature-superfoods-review.html, it’s definitely one of our favourites!