Raw Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
by: Evelyn Cribbin
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 raw cacoa ( I use the delicous creative natures brand
- which you can find here )
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs extra virgin coconut oil ( I use the amazing Lucy Bee’s )
- 2 cups cashew nuts
- 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup raw cacao
- 3/4 cup brown rice malt syrup (or raw honey)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbs grated orange zest
- 2 tbs vanilla
- pinch sea salt
Make the base first by placing the cashew nuts in a quality food processor and blend until they start to crumble. Then add the rest of the ingredients and process until they are evenly combined. Once combined, press the mixture into a 9 inch cake tin and store in the fridge while you make the topping.
To make the ‘cheese’ part of the cake, blend the cashews, orange juice, zest, rice syrup, vanilla and salt in your food processor until it makes a smooth paste. Next add cacao and coconut oil and blend again untill mixed in. Pour the mixture over the base using a spatualar, cover in tinfoil and store in the fridge over night.
Who says you cannot have cake for breakfast…..
Use a sharpe knife to slice this delicious treat and enjoy anytime of the day..
(As this cakes contains coconut oil it will melt if it is left out of the fridge for too long)