Hebe’s Superfood Muffins With Cacao, Shelled Hemp, Maca and Goji!
- 60g (1/2C) coconut flour
- 40g (6tbsp) Creative Nature cacao powder
- 12g (4tsp) Creative Nature maca powder
- 72g (1/2C + 1.5tbsp) chocolate milk protein powder
- 16g (2tbsp) buckwheat flour
- 120g (1/2C) beetroot, pureed (I used vac packed)
- 240ml (1C) egg white
- 20ml (4tsp) coconut oil, melted
- 25g (3tbsp) Creative Nature goji berries
- 15g (1tbsp) Creative Nature shelled hemp seeds
- 12g (1tbsp) Creative Nature cacao nibs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3tbsp truvia (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, cacao, maca, protein powder, buckwheat flour and truvia in a bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients. Mix well until smooth, or alternatively blend using a hand held blender, or bung all the mix into food processor.
- Stir in the goji berries, hemp seeds, cacao nibs and baking powder.
- Divide between 10 silicone muffin cases. Top with extra cacao nibs and hemp if desired.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes.
(per muffin): 135 calories – 10.8g carbs – 11.9g protein – 5.3g fat – 4.3g fibre
You can adjust the macros by using more or less of the stir-ins, or get creative and add in other goodies such as dark chocolate chunks! Alternatively, you could completely omit the add ins and just have a plain, yet still yummy muffin – you’ll still be getting those ‘superfood’ benefits!
For more recipes and a great read check our Hebe’s blog! We highly recommend. http://healthyhappyheebs.wordpress.com/2014/08/29/superfood-chocolate-protein-muffins/