Wondering how to make the most out of these surprising sunny days? Keep that vegan super-strength going in London’s very own heat wave by doing your exercises outside to soak in the Vitamin D, and ensuring you have a delicious Creative Nature protein bar by your side to keep you fuelled.
Ever wondered how vegans get their source of vitamins and protein? Read on from our very own ambassador Tsuki Harris on how she sustains a bodybuilders physique through veganism!
1) When did you turn vegan?
“I became vegan about 4 years ago… I’d been a vegetarian since I was a kid. I was competing & eating too many eggs. I did a bit of research and thought apart from that, I was pretty much vegan anyway. So, I made a few changes and never looked back. I do it for my love of animals, it just so happens the health benefits are a bonus.”
2) How do you find being a vegan bodybuilder?
“Easy! Vegetable food sources are lower in calories so I eat a lot more food than you would expect! There are always options these days…whether I make my own food or go out to buy food.”
3) What is your main source of protein?
“I’d say chickpeas…you can have them in so many ways. I’m slightly obsessed with different flavours of houmous. Then there’s also falafels which you can have many ways too; roast them to make them crunchy or just simply throw them into a stir fry or salad as they are.”
4) Top 5 personal fav workouts?
- Outdoor Walking in London’s very own sauna (you can’t beat fresh air and thinking time)
- Weight Training
- Les mills classes-Body Combat, Body Pump & Body Balance are my fave because they cover cardio, strength & flexibility (and I teach them)
- Kettle bells
5) What would be your go-to meal/snack pre or post workout?
“If I’m on the go I normally grab a Creative Nature bar pre/post workout until I can eat my meal…which is normally something with a balance of carbs, fats & protein. Normally sweet potato with houmous and roasted green veggies cooked in olive or coconut oil.”
6) Any words of advice or wisdom to aspiring vegan bodybuilders?
“Avoid all the negative people who tell you that you can’t do it. If you eat well & train hard you can get to where you want to go. The choices may not be as obvious but there is so much variety in a vegan diet don’t be afraid to research & explore!”
7) If you could relate yourself to 1 Creative Nature product what would it be?
“It would have to be the Peanut Protein bar because I’m a fitness nut ?…I have so much energy & passion for the health & fitness industry!!!”
There you have it, our very own Vegan super hero Tsuki Harris giving us the low-down on being a vegan bodybuilder and smashing it!